Welcome to The Quiet Corn, serving all of your bed & breakfast needs, as long as you behave yourself and obey our rules. Take a look at our property's features, and if I approve of your phone voice and can confirm your lack of cat- and horsehair-insulation allergies, I'll be happy to consider taking your reservation.
Elsa Clack, Proprietor
Visit the QUIET CORN BED AND BREAKFAST website, and see what Amy Pohler and the Parks and Recreation writers consider your typical bed and breakfast experience.
They absolutely NAILED the stereotype that I referred to in my blog entry called Romantic Getaways: 4 Ways to Pick the Perfect Inn or B&B.
In the entry I stated that 97% of the traveling public had never stayed in an inn or b&b....and never will. Why? Afraid of the above.
So to prove that most (and notice I said most) b&bs live in the modern age and provide guests at least what they hope to find in a hotel (good beds, private bathrooms, satisfying breakfasts, cleanliness, Wi-Fi, and on....), the Professional Association of Innkeepers has created a new website called BetterWaytoStay.com. Check it out.
Jay Karen, PAII's CEO performed a Facebook survey yesterday, which shows the problem and the solution. EDUCATION. He asked everyone under Age 47 (Generations X and Y) to answer 5 questions.
1. For your next leisure trip, are you considering a bed and breakfast for lodging?
2. Open a new tab or browser window and go to the website www.betterwaytostay.com. Then, please come back to the survey.
3. What did you think of the site?
53% Funny or Cool
4. Did you click on anything?
5. After seeing or exploring the site, would you now consider a bed and breakfast on your next leisure trip?