New England Inn: The Spencer Room, Hampton Terrace Lenox inn
After more than 60 years operating as an inn, Hampton Terrace’s guest rooms finally have names. It is not that they needed names…Main House 1 was pretty descriptive…but we decided that this was an opportunity to help tell the history of the property in a colorful way.
EDMUND SPENCER ROOM (1852-1873)
Earliest records for this property show that the first home was built by Edmund Spencer (1826-1894), a harness maker in 1852. It was replaced by R. S. Oliver in 1873. Mr. Spencer is buried in Lenox at the Church on the Hill cemetery.
A "romantic" room, featuring a lovely queen size white iron bed with a net canopy. Fluffy down comforter and vintage throw pillows along with antique furniture complete this room’s special ambiance. This corner room includes leaded glass windows, television/VCR, a fireplace and CD player with romantic classical CDs. Enjoy a 72" Ultra Spa Tub in the new bathroom. Air conditioning, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and bath amenity collection.